Here are some suggested, intentional discussion questions from Common Sense Media. Families can use them to talk about the messages of family, faith, and friendship in The Star:
- What does Bo learn on his journey that leads him to Mary and Joseph? How does he change over the course of the movie?
- How do some of the characters exemplify integrity and compassion? Why are those important character strengths?
- Some characters display unbecoming behaviors. It's because they don't know Jesus yet; just like some people we know. How can we have compassion towards them and be challenged to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with kids (and adults) we encounter, instead of being put-off and avoiding them?
- Who's the target audience for this movie? Do you need to be Christian to appreciate its story, themes, and messages?
- Why do you think movies about talking animals are so fascinating and funny to kids?